Sunday, August 2, 2009

Public Personal Goal

A Public Personal Goal is a personal goal you make publicly, so that you feel motivated to keep it... or at least that is how I'm defining it.

You hear a lot about making goals and I've heard that making a public goal makes you more likely to achieve it, because you are accountable to a larger group of people. It's like consciously choosing to subject yourself to peer pressure to achieve a positive outcome.

Some of you may have noticed that this month I had an explosion of blog posts. The last year and a half I have averaged about 2 posts a month and last month I posted 7 times. I'm proud of that. I know some of you out there are much more regular bloggers, but this is a turning point for me. I want to publicly make the goal to post at least 7 more post this month. That would put me at 8 posts for the 8th month of the year.

I'm also soliciting your opinion. My updates used to be called the "Ant-ology" before I got married and started the Quinn-tessentials. Anyway, I realize that some of you may not want to read my random thoughts and musings and just want a simple 3-4 updates a month on what Sharon and I have been up to. I am thinking of starting the Ant-ology again as a home for the more random and frequent updates about whatever I might be thinking or interested in. What do you think? Too much work to keep up on two different blogs? Or a good idea?

I'd appreciate your feedback.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would enjoy reading your random thoughts. Things like that always inspire me to think a little deeper about life. But you must continue the "journal" type updates too. I want to see a photo of Sharon's cute belly! :)

Hopkinson said...

An Ant-ology for random thoughts would be fun and a Quintessentials for the family happenings is my vote. I'll follow both. Sharon should cut and paste from her family update emails into the Q-blog. Her narratives are fun to read too.