Thursday, December 31, 2009

Not so complainy update

Happy New Year!!!
We are excited for all that 2010 has in store for us. A baby, a move or two, a new job. It's going to be a new decade for a new phase of life.
Health: Since, I last wrote my health got worse, and now better. Hurray! My pink eye spread to my other eye, and I thought I broke a rib on Christmas from coughing too much and too hard. I'm on antibiotics which seem to have helped my cough a lot, and the left side of my back feels almost normal. Unfortunately yesterday I pulled the same thing on my right side, which my midwife told me hurts most right where my kidney is, which raises a couple questions. I have to put pressure on it, everytime I cough to lessen the pain. My boss probably hates me for it, but staying home this week has really helped out. Pink eye's gone, my voice is coming back, and the cough on it's way out.
Pregnancy: Things are looking pretty good. I'll be full term on saturday which kind of blows my mind. We are feeling more prepared stuffwise, with something for the baby to sleep in, a rocking chair, a stop watch, etc. When I look at the side view of my stomach in the mirror, it makes me laugh.
Christmas: It was so fun to have the Romeros here. They were good sports, since I probably acted and looked like a zombie slug the whole time they were here. We had a little feast in our tiny apartment, and enjoyed the company of one of our friends from church. They slept over, and went to the Children's museum the next day.
We are taking advantage of out Netflix trial while we're both at home. Up made me cry within the first 5 minutes, Food Inc is a must see, and we ordered Harry Potter 6 before we realized we never got around to seeing Harry Potter 5.
Anthony's been baking like crazy the past couple of days. Mmmm. He's used our new grain mill (thanks Quinns!) to make whole wheat bread, and cake out of rice flour. And then he went through a two day process to make panettone. I always thought panettone was kind of gross with it's boxed dryness, and weird chunks of fake fruit, but it turns out that when it's fresh, and made with chocolate chips, it's really really yummy. He's been a major sweety, encouraging me to rest and giving good back messages.
I'll be back at work on Monday. Fairy tale week. My second to last week of work, before the baby's due. Crazy!
We love you guys, and you're all in our prayers. Happy 2010!!!
Sharon

No comments: